Director of Residential Services - Full-Time
Director of Residential Services
St. Joseph’s Hospice is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Residential Services.
St. Joseph’s Hospice of Sarnia Lambton is a faith-based organization that provides quality of life at the end of life, offering compassionate, holistic care and support to individuals living with terminal illness. Support is extended to their family members and caregivers, and to those grieving the loss of a loved one. Hospice programs and services are offered at no cost to those we support, and are available irrespective of age, gender, religion, race, ethnicity or economic status.
Whether in the community, our Wellness Centre, or our 10-bed Residence, St. Joseph’s Hospice provides specialized support programs and services with a patient-centered approach. Individuals and families are intimately involved in creating their own care plan that addresses their unique needs. Our competent and committed Hospice staff and volunteers work together as a team with other community partners and service providers to provide full support and quality hospice palliative care.
The Director of Residential Services will lead the day to day operation of a 10‑bed residential hospice. This includes managing all aspects of staffing, including scheduling, discipline, call outs/ins, vacation planning, and coverage for all direct care staff, as well as those positions that support direct residential care such as housekeeping and dietary. In addition, the Director of Residential Services will be responsible for ensuring existing residential programs and any new residential programs and services meet the needs of the community of Sarnia Lambton in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Director of Residential Services is responsible to ensure Residence operations promotes and delivers high quality care in coordinating all resident care activities, including supervision of resident care staff and volunteers.
- Establish and monitors standards of care and processes for quality improvement, resident safety, and risk management, including compliance with professional practice regulations.
- Manage adverse or critical events and complaints in a professional manner and perform improvement outcomes, including relieving Residence Team staff in crisis, phone call interventions, as needed.
- Collaborate with Hospice staff and Leadership to develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Keep current with Hospice Palliative Care trends, information, and education, and promote quality indicators for Leadership.
- Monitor and maintain costs for Residence care, including supplies and equipment, in order to collaboratively establish fiscal program budgets and manage financial resources.
- Data management and collection to perform statistical and monthly reporting for the Executive Director and Funders.
- Partner with Leadership to identify Accreditation opportunities and work with the Hospice Team towards Accreditation.
- Collaborate with Fund Development Manager for grant proposals, monitoring program grant requirements, and monitor outcomes.
- Working knowledge of local, Provincial, and Federal regulations applicable to Hospice services.
- Participates in program promotion, fundraising activities, and events as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent, with a minimum of 8 years in a related role, including management experience.
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario, preferably with a Certificate in Palliative Care (CAPE, LEAP, CHPCN(C)).
- Experience working with sound knowledge of the larger health system and social service network, with the ability to establish and maintain community partnerships.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills to interact effectively with staff, volunteers, and the public, are all essential.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, with a demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 suite.
- Highly organized, multi-task oriented, with a strong aptitude for detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills to effectively troubleshoot or solve problems effectively.
- A collaborative team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in the role and strive for excellence at all times.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Values of St. Joseph’s Hospice.
- Think broadly, celebrate diversity of thought, and respect the uniqueness of individuals.
St. Joseph’s Hospice is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate candidate needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate disabilities. If you require accommodations to fully and fairly participate in the interview and selection process, please notify the Executive Director if you are selected for an interview.
To further explore this opportunity, please submit your resume with covering letter, by email only, on or before August 21, 2020 to the attention of:
Executive Director, St. Joseph’s Hospice
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.