Fund Development Assistant - Full-Time
St. Joseph’s Hospice Resource Centre of Sarnia Lambton
Report to: Director of Fund Development & Community Relations
St. Joseph’s Hospice Resource Centre of Sarnia Lambton (Hospice) is a faith-based organization that provides quality of life at the end of life, offering compassionate, holistic care and support to individuals living with a terminal illness. Support is extended to their family members and caregivers, and to those grieving the loss of a loved one. Hospice programs and services are offered at no cost to those we support, and are available irrespective of age, gender, religion, race, ethnicity, or economic status.
Whether in the community, our Wellness Centre, or our 10-bed Residence, Hospice provides specialized support programs and services with a patient-centered approach. Individuals and families are intimately involved in creating their own care plan that addresses their unique needs. Our competent and committed Hospice staff and volunteers work together as a team with other community partners and service providers to provide full support and quality Hospice Palliative Care.
Hospice is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Fund Development Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Fund Development & Community Relations, the Fund Development Assistant is responsible for proactive administrative support to the Fund Development Department.
- Assist with planning and executing special events and promotions.
- Duties include, but are not limited to: donations, in-kind requests, coordinate event volunteers, data entry, updating/creating graphics and print collateral, permit requests, coordinate auctions (including online bidding software), raffles, third party events, operating various software programs, maintaining all documents and files properly.
- Oversees the cultivation and recruitment of event participants, attendees, teams, donors, and prospects.
- Assists with managing on-site production of major events.
- Overall administrative support to the Fund Development Department.
- Handle all administrative details associated with committee meetings (i.e., prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
- Maintain and update donor database (Sumac Database Program).
- Prepare proposals for donors as directed.
- Input data into a computerized database and ensure accurate file management.
- Perform other duties as required.
Requirements and Knowledge
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in event planning or fundraising; non-profit experience preferred.
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Fundraising or related field.
- Reliable and strong initiative and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced setting, with shifting priorities and constant deadlines.
- Social Media, Web, and Print Marketing experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures, efficient computer skills, file management.
- Computer expertise includes Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and mail merge.
- Design expertise includes InDesign, Photoshop experience and Canva.
- Self-starter and is able to function as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading and public speaking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in person and on the phone, with high professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service and high expectations for quality.
Salary: $34,000.00-$43,000.00 per year
This is a full-time position; 37.5 hours per week. Weekdays: working hours flexible based on requirements of the position; evenings and weekends where necessary.
Hospice is an equal opportunity employer, and we will accommodate candidate needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate disabilities. If you require accommodations to participate in the interview and selection process fully and fairly, please notify the Fund Development Manager if you are selected for an interview and we will endeavor to provide a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account your accessibility needs.
To further explore this opportunity, please submit your resume with a covering letter by email only, on or before June 21, 2021, to the attention of:
Director of Fund Development and Community Relations
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.