Our Spiritual and Supportive Care Counsellor is a trained professional who offers direct and on-going psychosocial and spiritual care for our patients, Residents and their circles of care and is available at any stage throughout the journey from diagnosis through to bereavement. Working as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team they provide a compassionate, non-judgmental and culturally sensitive approach while collaborating with residents and their families to address the spiritual, emotional and social needs aimed at enhancing the quality of their life and care.
- Psychosocial-spiritual assessments and interventions
- End-of-Life care planning
- Assist with finding meaning, hope or inner resilience in illness or loss
- Life review, legacy work, storytelling and letter writing
- Facilitate connection with community faith leaders
- Reflection, prayer, meditation, supporting presence
- Addressing anticipatory grief and loss